Welcome to the NKU Policy website!
This is where you can find University policies. A University policy is a statement of management philosophy and direction, established to provide guidance and assistance to the university community in the conduct of university affairs. A University policy:
- Is a governing principle that mandates or constrains actions;
- Has institution-wide application;
- Changes infrequently and sets a course for the foreseeable future;
- Helps ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations;
- Reduces institutional risk, and
- Is approved at the executive levels of the University (president, provost, vice presidents) or Board of Regents.
NOTE: Some departments or units may have specific internal operating procedures or guidelines which may be more restrictive than University polices. However, those internal procedures or guidelines should remain consistent with University policy and must comply with all statutes and regulations. Since these do not apply across the University they are not included on this site.
Do you . . .
- Do you know of a policy that is missing from this website? Is there a policy that is no longer needed? If so, please email email@example.com with your questions or comments.
- Do you know the University's policy on the creation and revision of University policies? Please see the Policy Creation, Revision, and Communication policy for further information.
- Do you have a question regarding how your policy should be formatted or what the required sections of a policy are? Please see our Policy Template (and instructions) and our Guide to Creating and Revising Policy in our Policy Toolkit section.
- Do you know where to download the Policy Request Form that is required for each new/revised policy? Please see the Policy Toolkit section for the Policy Request Form as well as instructions for completion.
- Do you know we have a Listserv? Sign up for our Policy Listserv to be notified whenever a policy is available for public review/comment and when a new or revised policy has been approved.
- Do you know we have a policy toolkit available to assist you in creating or revising a policy? Please click the Policy Toolkit link in the left nav or click here: Policy Toolkit.
Sign up for our Policy Listserv!
Click below to sign up for our Listserv.
Sign up for this listserv to receive notification when a draft policy has entered the 14 day comment period and when a new or revised policy has been approved.